The University of Aberdeen has secured a ‘First’ in the People & Planet Green League of universities.
The University’s ranking of joint 31st in the UK is a new high in this ranking scheme and a first ‘First’ for Aberdeen. Two other Scottish universities also secured Firsts, with Edinburgh Napier ranked 13th and St Andrews sharing the 31st place.
Steve Cannon, Secretary to the University and chair of the University’s Advisory Group on Sustainability and Social Responsibility, welcomed the University’s performance, saying: “We are very committed to improving the sustainability of how we run our campuses, and delighted to receive this ‘First’ and to be joint second in Scotland.
“Being a research-intensive university presents us with extra challenges due to the equipment we need to run in our research labs, so we very much welcome acknowledgement of the continual progress we are making.
“The Suttie Centre at Foresterhill and the new library opening this autumn have both received the highest ratings in the BREEAM scheme for sustainable public buildings, and we are directing much effort into improving the energy efficiency of our older campus buildings.”
This is the fourth successive rise for the University since the Green League was established in 2007.
Full details of the Green League and its methodology are available at www.guardian.co.uk/education/people-and-planet-green-league
Information about the University’s Advisory Group on Sustainability and Social Responsibility is available here.
Detail of the work undertaken by the University’s Environment Office is available here.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018