Aberdeen University Students’ Association President Robin Parker has been elected NUS Scotland President for 2011/12.
Student representatives from across Scotland came together over the weekend of 5/6 March at NUS Scotland’s national conference to elect new student leaders for the coming year.
Robin Parker will take up his new role in July. Robin completed his degree in Geography in summer 2009 and has served two terms as President of AUSA.
Two University of Aberdeen students also won prestigious awards at the conference. Ross Grant won Endsleigh Student of the Year, while Jay Wakefield won the Equality and Diversity award and Gordon Maloney was elected to the NUS Scotland Executive Committee.
Robin said: “I am absolutely honoured and delighted to have been elected NUS Scotland President for the year to come. It’s going to be a hugely challenging year for the student movement. But if we maintain the momentum we currently have, I have no doubt that students can make sure we stop the introduction of fees, maintain graduate numbers and college places, and increase student support.”
Professor Ian Diamond, Professor and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Aberdeen said: “I am delighted that Robin has been elected NUS President in Scotland. He has been an outstanding President of AUSA and I am sure he will bring his many qualities to positive effect in his new role.”
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018