Scientists behind many ocean discoveries are giving the public the chance to check out some of the equipment that lets them explore the secrets of the deep.
Oceanlab is just one of three University of Aberdeen facilities taking part in Techfest In September’s Technology at Work tours and visits.
As well as tours of the Newburgh premises, visitors can listen to talks, see images of creatures from the depths and discover how Oceanlab pressure tests components used in the subsea industries.
The University’s Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health is also opening its doors to those keen to find out what it’s like to be a volunteer at its Human Nutrition Unit, set up to study the relationship between diet and health.
Guests will also be able to gain an understanding of the nutritional benefits of their favourite foods.
Those booking onto a Technology at Work tour at the University’s Institute of Medical Sciences will be able to take a closer look at some everyday objects thanks to state-of-the-art electron microscopes.
Visitors will learn how samples are prepared and then they will get the chance to use the electron microscopes themselves.
The Technology at Work tours and visits take place during Techfest In September which runs from September 11 – 27.
Places on tours cost £3 per person and MUST be reserved by calling the booking line on 01224 273955.
The principal funders of Techfest In September are Shell and BP.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018