The Lord Mayor of Perth, Western Australia visited the University of Aberdeen today (Tuesday August 31).
Professor Albert Rodger, Vice-Principal and Head of the College of Physical Sciences at the University of Aberdeen hosted the visit, which provided the opportunity to discuss mutual interests in energy related activity.
The Lord Mayor, Lisa Scaffidi, who is the current Chairman of the World Energy Cities Partnership (WECP), was accompanied by Kerry Sanderson, Agent General for Western Australia, and Stuart Russell, Senior Trade and Investment Manager, during her visit.
The discussions which took place underlined the number of shared interests which exist between Aberdeen and Perth, including academic linkages, engagement with the World Energy City Partnerships and strong engagement with the energy industry.
The Lord Mayor’s visit follows her attendance at ONS 2010 conference in Stavanger where she represented Western Australian business interests.
Her visits to Stavanger and Aberdeen are in part related to the WECP, which will host its next meeting in Perth in October.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018