Students from the University of Aberdeen and Robert Gordon University are setting the battle lines for this year’s Granite City Challenge, which will take place on Wednesday (March 17).
Now in its 13th year, the challenge sees over 700 students compete annually on the field, court, track and pool, and all in the name of healthy competition.
A total of 31 events will take place across Aberdeen city in venues including RGU: SPORT, Curl Aberdeen, King’s College Playing Fields, Aberdeen Riding Club and Aberdeen Sports Village.
This year will see students competing in downhill mountain biking, gaelic football, rifle shooting, trampolining, waterpolo, climbing, and riding, in addition to more conventional sports such as football, rugby and badminton.
Robert Gordon University participants have a strong appetite for success, having won in 2008 but losing the title by just four points last year.
David Hegarty, Vice President of Sports at Robert Gordon University said: “The Challenge is a fantastic tradition that is looked forward to by members of both University sports associations. We always welcome the healthy rivalry with the University of Aberdeen and our students are in great shape and raring to go!”
Christine Duncan, Vice President of Sports at the University of Aberdeen adds: “We are looking forward to a great day with spectators to cheer on the teams. And obviously, we are keen to take the crown back to the University of Aberdeen”.
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018