Closer links have been forged between the University of Aberdeen and Shandong Jianzhu University in Shandong Province, China following the signing of an agreement in Jinan City.
The collaborative relationship will see students from Shandong Jianzhu University study for the MLitt in English Linguistics for Advanced Teachers of English at Aberdeen, before returning to China to complete the MA in English Linguistics at Shandong Jianzhu University.
Dr Barbara Fennell, Senior Lecturer in the School of Language and Literature, is pictured signing the agreement with the President of Shandong Jianzhu University on behalf of the College of Arts and Social Sciences and the University of Aberdeen.
Dr Fennell said: “We are delighted to have signed this agreement which cements the relationship between our two institutions and are looking forward to welcoming the first group of students on this programme to Aberdeen in September 2010”.
A number of students from Shandong Jianzhu University have studied Language and Linguistics at the University of Aberdeen, including their Senior International Officer, Li Xiao (pictured on the far left) who will oversee the programme in China.
Professor Dominic Houlihan, Vice-Principal Research and Commercialisation, said: “This joint programme is set to make a significant contribution to both the University of Aberdeen and Shandong Jianzhu University.
“With the current research and development trend aimed strongly at internationalisation we look forward to the mutual benefits our relationship will have.”
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018