An Aberdeen academic has been nominated for a prestigious oil industry accolade.
Professor Ben Kneller from the University of Aberdeen's Department of Geology and colleagues from the University of California, Santa Barbara, have been shortlisted as finalists in the Scottish Offshore Achievement Awards.
Organised by Scottish Enterprise in conjunction with industry and key co-sponsors, the awards recognise innovation, success and achievement within the offshore energy sector.
Professor Kneller and his group, which goes under the name of Reservoir Fluid Dynamics, have been nominated in The Idea award category – which rewards excellence in innovative technology ideas at an early stage of development.
Their work involves the computer modelling of deepwater sandstone reservoirs, and is designed to optimise field development and enhance oil recovery. They intend ultimately to commercialise their innovative technique.
The winners of the Scottish Offshore Achievement Awards will be announced at a ceremony and dinner on Thursday (26 March) at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC).
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018