An Aberdeen academic scooped a prestigious oil industry accolade at an awards ceremony in Aberdeen last night (Thursday 26 March).
Professor Ben Kneller from the University of Aberdeen's Department of Geology and colleagues from the University of California, Santa Barbara, were announced as winners in The Idea award category at the Scottish Offshore Achievement Awards.
Organised by Scottish Enterprise in conjunction with industry and key co-sponsors, the awards recognise innovation, success and achievement within the offshore energy sector.
Professor Kneller and his group, which goes under the name of Reservoir Fluid Dynamics, walked away with The Idea award trophy – which recognises excellence in innovative technology ideas at an early stage of development.
Their work involves the computer modelling of deepwater sandstone reservoirs, and is designed to optimise field development and enhance oil recovery. They intend ultimately to commercialise their innovative technique.
The award winners were announced at a ceremony and dinner held at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC).
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018