Experts from the University of Aberdeen have contributed to a new edition of a best selling textbook which is out this week.
Eight Aberdeen academics wrote chapters of the book which was edited by two psychologists and two sociologists including the University's Professor Edwin van Teijlingen.
This is the third edition of Psychology and Sociology Applied to Medicine which is a jargon-free 182-page introduction to psychology and sociology for health care students. The first two editions of the book - part of Elsevier's series of Illustrated Colour Texts - sold more than 20,000 copies worldwide.
Prof. van Teijlingen said: "It's another acknowledgement of the excellent teaching reputation of the University of Aberdeen that a number of our staff collaborated on this book for students studying health and social care.
"It covers topics across the life cycle from maternity care to bereavement. Issues such as emotions, communication skills and rural health care are also explained in an easy to understand fashion which makes this an excellent introductory textbook as well as an essential revision tool for students."
The Aberdeen staff who contributed to the book are the late Mr Mike Hepworth from Sociology; and, from the School of Medicine and Dentistry, Professor Marie Johnson, Dr Rachel Powell, Dr Liesl Osman, Dr. Padam Simkhada, Dr George Deans and Dr Jen Cleland.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018