An Aberdeen academic has received a prestigious accolade for her works in the area of mathematics.
Dr Radha Kessar, Reader in Mathematical Sciences at the University of Aberdeen has been awarded the London Mathematical Society 2009 Berwick Prize.
The biennial prize recognises an outstanding piece of mathematical research published by the London Mathematical Society (LMS).
It was awarded jointly to Dr Kessar and Professor Joseph Chuang from City University London for their paper Symmetric Groups, Wreath Products, Morita Equivalences and Broué's Abelian Defect Conjecture.
Dr Kessar said: "I am honoured to receive this prestigious award from the LMS in recognition of my work with Professor Chuang."
Dr Kessar and Professor Chuang will receive their award at the London Mathematical Society's Annual General Meeting which will be held on November 20.
Browse by Month
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018