The Apple Mac remote VPN, known as the F5 BIG-IP Edge client, is not compatible with the latest Apple Mac OS Ventura 13.3.
What is happening?
- The Apple Mac remote VPN, known as the F5 BIG-IP Edge client, is not compatible with the latest Apple Mac OS Ventura 13.3.
- Apple Mac Ventura 13.3 update contains critical security vulnerabilities, so we must recommend that you update your computer to use the latest Mac updates.
- At this time there is no fix for the VPN client though the manufacturer are working on an update, as detailed here - https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K000132932
What should you do?
- If you need to use University resources from an impacted Apple Mac device then at present you would need to use either:
- Examples of on-site resources that you will need to use the VDI / VPN for are:
- Finance system
- Student Records
- Shared drive & H drive access
- User guides and full details of remote access are here - https://www.abdn.ac.uk/staffnet/working-here/it-services/remote-access.php
Please accept our apologies for any confusion caused.