Professor Dame Anne Glover will speak at a 'March for Science' event in Edinburgh this weekend (Saturday, April 22).
Thousands of scientists, academics and members of the public from across Scotland are backing March for Science, a global campaign to celebrate, promote and defend science.
The March for Science initiative aims to show solidarity with scientists and science-led policy-making in the US, which the group says are under threat.
The campaign in Scotland will culminate in a march and rally in Edinburgh on Saturday, 22 April, at which Professor Glover will deliver a talk to those who attend.
Professor Glover said: “Science, engineering and technology are vital for healthy, happy rewarding lives. Many scientists are concerned at the growing disregard politicians have for science and the evidence it produces and the March for Science on April 22 is the start of speaking up for science.
“We most definitely need experts and the March for Science will demonstrate the value of science, and the knowledge it generates, for society.
“I look forward to joining like-minded individuals from across the country at the event this weekend and am thrilled to be supporting this campaign.”
This is the only March for Science in Scotland but one of 500 worldwide. The March will begin at 1.30pm on Saturday at Waterloo Place and will take one hour to arrive at Parliament. The event is suitable for families. For more information visit www.marchforscienceedinburgh.com
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018