Chair in Computing Science.
I split my time between Aberdeen University and Arria NLG.
- Natural language generation
Current Research Students
- Jawwad Baig
- Simone Balloccu
- Stephanie Inglis
- Kittipitch Kuptavanich
- Craig Thomson
- Allmin Pradhap Singh Susaiyah (Eindhoven) (part of PhilHumans)
Past Research Students
See my blog for a list of past research students I have supervised.
The CLAN (Computational Linguistics at Aberdeen) resesarch group meets at 4PM every Wednesday. Every week we discuss a research paper, idea, proposal, etc. CLAN meetings are open to everyone, contact me for more information or to be put on the mailing list.
I am helping with some funded projects at other universities:
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (Spain) (Jose Alonso, Alberto Bugarin, and Alejandro Ramos Soto) - a number of projects which bring together soft computing and NLG, such as BIGBISC.
- Monash (Australia) (Ingrid Zukerman) - Explaining the output of complex models
- CS4040: Research Methods
- CS5063: Evaluation of AI Systems (MSc)
- CS551H: Natural Language Generation (MSc)
- Further Info
- Research ethics
Page 9 of 12 Results 81 to 90 of 112
- Moncur, W, Masthoff, J & Reiter, EB 2008, What Do You Want to Know? Investigating the Information Requirements of Patient Supporters. in Proceedings of the 21st IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems (CBMS 2008). Proceedings - IEEE Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems, no. 21, IEEE Computer Society, Loa Alamitos, CA, USA, 21st IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems (CBMS 2008), Jyvaskyla, Finland, 17/06/08. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/CBMS.2008.36
- Mahamood, S, Reiter, EB & Mellish, CS 2007, A Comparsion of Hedged and Non-hedged NLG Texts. in S Busemann (ed.), 11th European Workshop on Natural Language Generation (ENLG'07): POSTER SESSION: Papers presented as posters . ACL, Morristown, NY, USA, pp. 155-158, 11th European Workshop on Natural Language Generation, ENLG 07, Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany, 17/06/07.
- Reiter, EB 2007, An Architecture for Data-to-Text Systems. in S Busemann (ed.), Proceedings of the Eleventh European Workshop on Natural Language Generation (ENLG 07). Association for Computational Linguistics, Stroudsburg, pp. 97-104.
- Portet, F, Reiter, EB, Hunter, J & Sripada, S 2007, 'Automatic Generation of Textual Summaries from Neonatal Intensive Care Data', Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 4594, pp. 227-236. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-73599-1_30
- Yu, J, Reiter, EB, Hunter, JRW & Mellish, CS 2007, 'Choosing the content of textual summaries of large time-series data sets', Natural Language Engineering, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 25-49. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S1351324905004031
- Reiter, E 2007, 'The Shrinking Horizons of Computational Linguistics', Computational Linguistics, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 283-287. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1162/coli.2007.33.2.283
- van Deemter, K, Horacek, H & Reiter, E 2006, 'Formal Issues in Natural Language Generation', Research on Language and Computation, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1-7. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11168-006-9008-9
- Reiter, EB, Williams, S & Crichton, L 2006, Generating feedback reports for adults taking basic skills tests. in A Macintosh, R Ellis & T Allen (eds), Applications and Innovations in Intelligent Systems XIII: Proceedings of AI2005, the Twenty-fifth SGAI International Conference on Innovative Techniques and Applications of Artificial Intelligence . BCS Conference Series, Springer-Verlag, London, United Kingdom, pp. 50-63.
- Turner, R, Sripada, S, Reiter, E & Davy, IP 2006, Generating spatio-temporal descriptions in pollen forecasts. in EACL 2006 - 11th Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics, Proceedings of the Conference. pp. 163-166, 11th Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics, EACL 2006, Trento, Italy, 3/04/06.
- Reiter, EB, Sripada, GS, Hunter, JRW, Yu, J & Davy, I 2005, 'Choosing Words in Computer-Generated Weather Forecasts', Artificial Intelligence, vol. 167, pp. 137-169. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.artint.2005.06.006