Chair in Computing Science.
I split my time between Aberdeen University and Arria NLG.
- Natural language generation
Current Research Students
- Jawwad Baig
- Simone Balloccu
- Stephanie Inglis
- Kittipitch Kuptavanich
- Craig Thomson
- Allmin Pradhap Singh Susaiyah (Eindhoven) (part of PhilHumans)
Past Research Students
See my blog for a list of past research students I have supervised.
The CLAN (Computational Linguistics at Aberdeen) resesarch group meets at 4PM every Wednesday. Every week we discuss a research paper, idea, proposal, etc. CLAN meetings are open to everyone, contact me for more information or to be put on the mailing list.
I am helping with some funded projects at other universities:
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (Spain) (Jose Alonso, Alberto Bugarin, and Alejandro Ramos Soto) - a number of projects which bring together soft computing and NLG, such as BIGBISC.
- Monash (Australia) (Ingrid Zukerman) - Explaining the output of complex models
- CS4040: Research Methods
- CS5063: Evaluation of AI Systems (MSc)
- CS551H: Natural Language Generation (MSc)
- Further Info
- Research ethics
Page 11 of 12 Results 101 to 110 of 112
- Yu, J, Reiter, E, Hunter, J & Sripada, S 2003, SumTime-Turbine: A knowledge-based system to communicate gas turbine time-series data. in PWH Chung, C Hinde & M Ali (eds), Developments in Applied Artificial Intelligence: International Conference on Industrial and Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems, IEA/AIE 2003, Loughborough, UK, June 23-26, 2003: proceedings. vol. 2718, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, pp. 379-384.
- Reiter, EB & Sripada, GS 2002, 'Human Variation and Lexical Choice', Computational Linguistics, vol. 28, pp. 545-553. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1162/089120102762671981
- Yu, J, Hunter, J, Reiter, EB & Sripada, S 2001, An approach to generating summaries of time series data in the gas turbine domain. in 2001 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES ON INFO-TECH AND INFO-NET PROCEEDINGS, CONFERENCE A-G. IEEE Press, NEW YORK, pp. C44-C51.
- Sripada, GS, Reiter, EB, Hunter, JRW, Yu, J & Davy, I 2001, Modelling the Task of Summarising Time Series Data using KA Techniques. in A Macintosh, M Moulton & A Preece (eds), Applications and Innovations in Intelligent Systems IX. Springer-Verlag, pp. 183-196.
- Reiter, EB, Robertson, R, Lennox, AS & Osman, L 2001, Using a randomised controlled clinical trial to evaluate an NLG system. in 39TH ANNUAL MEETING OF THE ASSOCIATION FOR COMPUTATIONAL LINGUISTICS, PROCEEDINGS OF THE CONFERENCE. Association for Computational Linguistics, SOMERSET, pp. 434-441.
- Reiter, EB & DALE, R 2000, Building Natural-Language Generation Systems. Cambridge University Press.
- Reiter, E 2000, 'Pipelines and size constraints', Computational Linguistics, vol. 26, pp. 251-259.
- Reiter, E, Robertson, R & Osman, L 1999, 'Types of knowledge required to personalise smoking cessation letters', Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, vol. 1620, pp. 389-399.
- Reiter, EB & DALE, R 1997, 'Building Applied Natural-Language Generation Systems', Natural Language Engineering, vol. 3, pp. 57.
- REITER, E, MELLISH, C & LEVINE, J 1995, 'AUTOMATIC-GENERATION OF TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION', Applied Artificial Intelligence, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 259-287.