Printing, Copying, Scanning
This service comprises Printing, Copying and Scanning from Multi-functional devices and printers for both staff and students. The service is designed to allow printing via ID card as primary authentication and manual login (at device) as an alternative authentication. Printing directly to a specific printer can be enabled in special circumstances.
- Printing via ID card and manual authentication at the printing device
- Mobile Printing, using the PaperCut web print service printmanage.abdn.ac.uk, from a wireless device (mobile phone, tablet etc.), via a web interface and/or email attachment.
- Staff (including honorary)
- Approved external individuals, e.g. visitors
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
Level of Service
Minimum level of service required to meet business needs
- At least one functional MFD device or appropriate shared printer in each campus building
- If network becomes unavailable, printing activity can be manually obtained from each device until the network is restored.
Support and Documentation
User Guides are available on the IT Services web pages:
- For Students: www.abdn.ac.uk/it/student/print/
- For staff: www.abdn.ac.uk/staffnet/working-here/it-print.php
Please report all faults to the IT Service Desk – email@example.com
- Users are expected to comply with the University’s Conditions for using IT Facilities
- For students: www.abdn.ac.uk/it/student/print/payment.php
- For staff: Costs are charged to departmental budgets. See www.abdn.ac.uk/staffnet/working-here/it-print - under Charges
- For visitors: www.abdn.ac.uk/staffnet/working-here/it-print - see Charges