Web Streaming (Panopto)
Digital & Information Services provide a platform whereby video can be viewed on websites via a cloud hosted Panopto streaming server. The main benefits of this service are that the complete media file does not need to be downloaded by the client before viewing, and that an element of content protection is given through the file not being stored in its entirety on the client’s computer.
- Ability to upload video
- Ability to stream video
- Ability to live webcast video
- Ability to embed video within MyAberdeen course pages
- Ability to edit video through a web browser
- All members of the University with LDAP and a permanent user ID, or course pages in MyAberdeen.
- Server: 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year
- Support: 09:00-17:00, Monday to Friday, excluding University closed periods
Level of Service
The streaming server is administered by Digital & Information Services.
Support and Documentation
- Users can access the Panopto ‘Mashups’ tool from within MyAberdeen course pages, which will allow uploading and video embedding
- Queries relating to live streaming of University events should be passed to Media Services via the email@example.com
Users are expected to comply with:
- Conditions for using IT Facilities
- Code of Practice for Electronic Publishing
- Digital Accessibility Policy
- Policy on the use of University web pages for commercial advertising