All machines with 2007 will be automatically upgraded on 5 November. Instructions are below for upgrading at a time suitable to you.
What is happening?
On 5 November 2015 we will upgrade all remaining installations of Office 2007 on University managed PCs to Office 2013.
Your PC will start the upgrade automatically. You will not be able to postpone this or prevent this. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to Office 2013 before 5 November so that it happens at a time convenient to you.
What should you do?
To upgrade from Office 2007:
- Close all Office applications (Access, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word)
- Click on the Start menu on your PC; go to All Programs > Microsoft System Center 2012 > Configuration manager > Software Center.
- Microsoft Office Professional 2013 is listed under the Available Software tab.
- Installing Office 2013 will automatically remove Office 2007 from your PC.
Why is this happening?
Office 2013 is currently the default installation in Lecture Theatres and PC Classrooms. The upgrade from Office 2007 is part of our program to maintain an up to date software portfolio on all managed PCs and will not only lead to fewer compatibility issues, but will also comply with our Microsoft license agreement.
If you have a specific need for Office 2007, you should log a call with the Service Desk. Please include the following information:
- Subject: Office 2007
- Your name:
- Contact phone number:
- PC name: e.g. CLSM-001234
- Requirement details: Tell us why you need Office 2007. Note that personal preference is not an acceptable reason.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018