Issues relate to Office 2011 and 2016 for Mac on "El Capitan"
What is happening?
On Thursday 30th September Apple released the latest version of their Mac OS X operating system “El Capitan”. We are aware that there are issues regarding this update and Microsoft Office 2011 & 2016 for Mac.
Apple and Microsoft are working on these issues but we have not been advised on when this will be fixed or when a fix will be available.
What should you do?
We would strongly advise against carrying out the upgrade to El Capitan until we have had confirmation from Apple and Microsoft that the issues have been resolved or that there are fixes in place to solve any outstanding issues.
If you have already upgraded to El Capitan and are still running Office 2011 then an in place upgrade to Office 2016 for Mac may resolve the issues. The Mail app and Outlook Web Access are also still available.
Office 2016 for Mac can be downloaded from our Download Service here, then navigating to Microsoft -> Office -> Office 2016 -> Mac.
You will be asked to ‘Sign In to Access Cloud Storage’ should you wish to get access to Connected Services such as OneDrive or SharePoint. Please enter your email address and you will then be redirected to the University Sign In page.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and we will continue to monitor the situation and advise when any fixes become available.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018