Microsoft's unified communications product, Lync, has recently been rebranded as Skype for Business.
What is happening?
Microsoft’s unified communications product, Lync, has recently been rebranded as Skype for Business.
How does this affect you?
We will roll out Skype for Business to University staff on the 7th of May
You will notice the Skype for Business icon replacing the Lync 2013 icon on your taskbar. Then you can start to enjoy all the benefits Skype for Business has to offer, including:
- Familiar interface, but with a fresh new look
- The same powerful collaborative features you had with Lync – such as presence, IM, voice and video calls, online meetings, desktop sharing, integration with email and calendaring, document collaboration, and more!
- Ability to search for and connect with anyone who has a Skype ID, including those external to the University
To help you get started, see our Skype for Business user guides on StaffNet - www.abdn.ac.uk/staffnet/working-here/it-communications - under the Skype tab.
What should you do?
You shouldn’t need to do anything. If however you don’t see the new user interface, you may need to log off your PC and log back in again.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018