Access to files older than 3 months old at risk between 6pm and 10pm.
What is happening?
IT Services will be undertaking routine maintenance on the Old Aberdeen file storage systems. This may result in files being unavailable for a brief time between 18:00 – 22:00 on Tuesday 15th July. Only files that have not been amended in the past 3 months are affected by the outage.
We will also need to undertake maintenance on the file storage system used by the University’s web sites. This may cause a brief outage to the Web service during the same period.
What should you do?
If you are planning to work on files older than 3 months old this evening then we would advise you to open any required documents, make a minor change, then click save. This will update the file and move it to a different part of the network file storage solution.
Alternatively, save your work locally onto your hard drive or a USB drive. After 10pm copy these files back to the shared drive to enable them to be backed up overnight.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018