The original licence covering version 20 will expire at 23:59 on Wednesday July 31st
What is happening?
The license for SPSS software has been renewed for another year - this only covers the University for SPSS version 21 and AMOS 21.
The original licence covering version 20 will expire at 23:59 on Wednesday July 31st and version 20 will stop functioning completely after a short ‘grace period’. During this ‘grace period’, you will receive a warning that the licence is due to expire every time you use SPSS or AMOS.
To continue using SPSS, you must upgrade to version 21.
What should you do?
- To install SPSS 21 on a University based domain PC or networked laptop, go to the Software Center on your computer: Start Menu > All Programs > Microsoft System Centre 2012 > Configuration Manager > Software Center
- From the list of software available for installation, click on IBM SPSS 22.214.171.124 then Install
- The installation will take from 10 to 60 minutes. You can minimise the installation screen while the software is installing but please do not restart your PC until installation is complete.
If you have problems with the campus installation of SPSS 21 or need AMOS 21 installed on campus, please send an email to the Service Desk - email@example.com - including the following information:
- Subject: SPSS/AMOS Installation Request
- Your Name
- Contact Phone Number
- PC Name, e.g. CLSM-001234
To install SPSS 21 or AMOS 21 on a personal machine, then you will need to remove version 20 and install version 21 using the instructions and license codes located within the Statistics section of the Software Download service at http://www.abdn.ac.uk/local/download.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018