The University has received a very large number of malware emails appearing to come from the source domain Booking.com. The messages contain a malware attack.
What is happening?
The University virus software SCEP is catching and stopping the infection at the desktop level, however, the volume of emails being received is very high and there is an increased risk that something may get through.
The messages do not actually originate from Booking.com rather they are from various external websites and faked to appear to come from Booking.com
What you should do?
It is critical that you do not open attachments from unknown sources. If you have not booked with Booking.com then do not attempt to open any attachment within an email from them.
We have contacted Booking.com and they are aware of the attack. They have advised the University that they will never send out zip file attachments with any booking emails.
If you have opened an attachment from Booking.com and you are concerned that your PC may be infected please contact the IT Servicedesk.
Browse by Month
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018