Planned maintenance on Home (H:) and Shared (R:/S:/T:) drives
What is happening?
DIT intend to undertake planned maintenance on the file storage system that stores and manages the University filespace.
The maintenance is scheduled to occur between 18:00 and 23:00 on either Monday 25th or Thursday 28th June, and the affected areas will be separated as follows:
- Monday 25 June – Home (H: ) and shared filespace (R:, S: & T: drives) used mainly by Old Aberdeen users in CASS, COPS, Admin and also the School of Radiology.
- Thursday 28 June – Home (H: ) and shared filespace (R:, S: & T: drives) used mainly by Foresterhill users in CLSM except School of Radiology.
What should you do?
Please be aware that access to your shared drives will be briefly disrupted during the latter part of the maintenance period and should be considered “At Risk” the rest of the time.
If you are planning to work on documents etc during this period, please save your work locally onto your hard drive or a USB drive. After this period, copy these files back to the shared drive to enable them to be backed up overnight.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018