Warning: The message below is intended for owners of University Windows laptops who connect only to the wireless network.
What is happening?
As previously communicated, we are replacing Sophos anti-virus software on all University-owned PCs and Windows laptops with Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection (SCEP). For most users, the process is automatic and carried out remotely on your behalf.
However, if you are using a University-owned Windows laptop and only connect to the wireless network, you may not have had the upgrade deployed.
What should you do?
Please check your laptop’s status bar. When SCEP is successfully installed, the blue Sophos icon on the taskbar is replaced with a new, green SCEP icon.
If you do not see the green SCEP icon, please contact the Service Desk – contact details below.
If you do not, you will be running unlicensed software and your computer will be at risk as you will no longer be receiving updates from Sophos.
Progress to date
The project is processing well, with over 4500 end points successfully updated. Our new solution is identifying and dealing with a number of Malware products that previously required a secondary tool to clear.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018