Only applicable to DIT-managed Windows 7 PCs
What is happening?
DIT will be rolling out the Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 update next week.
This update is required on all Windows 7 PCs as it provides updates and patches to the standard Windows 7 operating system.
What should you do?
This update is only applicable to computers running the Windows 7 Operating system.
- When the update is ready to be installed, you will notice the Microsoft Windows Update Service inform you that your computer has updates pending and requires a restart.
- Your computer will take around an additional 5 minutes to shutdown and a further 2-3 minutes upon start up.
- Please DO NOT turn off your computer during the update as it may cause it to stop working.
- When the login screen reappears the update has installed fully and you may use your computer as normal.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018