All StudentMail accounts have now been converted to Office365
What has happened?
On 28 June 2013, Microsoft upgraded Live@Edu, the service that provides StudentMail, to Office 365.
What has happened to my account after the upgrade?
After the upgrade, you will have two separate Office 365 accounts:
- An Office 365 account containing your Email, Calendar and Contacts info and managed by the University
- A personal account containing your SkyDrive data and administered by Microsoft
How do I access my email and my SkyDrive after the upgrade?
Now you should be able to access both accounts using the same username and password you’ve always used.
To access your new Office 365 account, you may need to clear your browser Cache (History) first. Please see the links below on how to do this.
Internet Explorer - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/clear-the-history-of-websites-youve-visited
Google Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95537?hl=en-GB
Firefox - http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
Safari - http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/apple/clear-all-browsing-history-in-safari/
Once you have cleared your cache, restart your browser and then type www.outlook.com/aberdeen.ac.uk into the address bar afresh.
It is important to know that your password for Office 365 (email and calendar) and your password for SkyDrive are now no longer synced. This means that if you change your University password, this will change your password for Office 365, but NOT your password for SkyDrive.
We recommend that you DO NOT try to change your password from within StudentMail directly.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018