Studentmail accounts are converting to Office365
On 28 June 2013, Microsoft is upgrading Live@Edu, the service that provides StudentMail, to Office 365.
What will happen to my account after the upgrade?
After the upgrade, you will have two separate Office 365 accounts:
- An Office 365 account containing your Email, Calendar and Contacts info and managed by the University
- A personal account containing your SkyDrive data and administered by Microsoft
How will I access my email and my SkyDrive after the upgrade?
Immediately after the upgrade, you can access both accounts using the same username and password you’ve always used.
However, it’s important to know that your password for Office 365 (email and calendar) and your password for SkyDrive will no longer be synced. This means that if you change your University password, this will change your password for Office 365, but NOT your password for SkyDrive.
How will I know when my account has been upgraded?
The first indication you will have that your account has been upgraded will be a change to the login screen.
Remember – the upgrade will involve thousands of accounts, so it may be that your friend’s account is upgraded before yours, or vice versa.
What can I do to help?
So that the process is as smooth and trouble free for everyone, including you, now would be a good time to do some ‘housekeeping’:
- Delete old emails that you no longer need; if you are just keeping them for their email address, why not add the addresses to your Contact List instead.
- Save email attachments onto a memory stick and delete the message.
- Check your Junk E-mail folder and delete any messages that have been filtered into there.
- Check your Sent mail folder and delete any messages stored there.
Empty your email Trash.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018