Problems accessing Course Materials/Assessments feature within MyAberdeen
What is happening?
Some students are experiencing an intermittent problem with MyAberdeen; receiving the following error message, when attempting to access course materials or assessments:
· “Could not initialize class Proxy126”
What are we doing?
We are in contact with the developers of the system and are working with them to try and resolve the problem. This is being given the highest priority as many students need access for revision.
What can you do?
Some users have been able to log in and access course materials / assessments after clearing the browser's temporary internet files. Instructions for clearing/resetting the most common browsers are listed below.
If you are experiencing issues accessing course materials within MyAberdeen, or you are receiving reports from students who are having this issue, please attempt the following:
Windows - Internet Explorer 8 or above: Open IE and then click on Safety > Delete Browsing History > Select Cookies and unselect all other options > Click Delete.
Windows/Mac - Firefox: At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click Options (Preferences on Mac). Select the Privacy panel > Click on “remove individual cookies” link > Click on abdn.blackboard.com > Click Remove Cookies.
Windows/Mac - Chrome: Click on the spanner icon in the top right > Options > Under the bonnet > Content Settings > All cookies and site data > find abdn.blackboard.com > Click the X to the right of the site name to delete the individual cookie.
Windows/Mac - Safari: Open Safari > Select Preferences > Privacy > Details > Click on blackboard.com > Remove.
It is essential that after making these checks / changes you restart the PC by powering down and switching it on again. Or, if a Mac user, log off and log back in again.
If you are still having issues please contact the DIT Servicedesk (email@example.com) and provide the following information:
- What operating system are you using? (Windows, Mac or Linux)
- Do you have the university proxy set? (Does it prompt for your university username/password when you start up the browser)
- What browser(s) are you using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari)
- Have you tried clearing the temporary internet files or cache in the browser?
- Have you tried another browser?
- What is the best contact number for you?
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018