Brief network outages between 18:00 and 21:00, Wednesday 14th April 2010
What is happening?
Over the past month DIT Service Engineers have been investigating problems relating to the reliability of the campus network service. As a result of these investigations a problem has been identified with the software that controls the campus network switches (the firmware). In order to rectify this, the switches will need to have their firmware upgraded and this is scheduled to occur on the evening of Wednesday 14th April 2010, between 6:00pm and 9:00pm.
During this period there will be short outage periods (approx 5-10 mins), whilst these switches are upgraded.
This will affect all network based services e.g. internet access, email, wireless networks, file store (H: drives), team shares etc. Any connections affected should be automatically re-connected when the relevant switch is re-started.
What should you do?
Please be aware that there is a risk of loss of network connectivity during this period. If you are working during this period, please save your work regularly to avoid any loss of data.
Please accept out apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018