Further update on the weekend work and the unavailable shared drives
What is happening?
The essential maintenance that took place over the weekend has not completed successfully. At this time, our external suppliers are working to ascertain the cause of the issue, but we currently do not have an estimate for service restoration. DIT is therefore switching across to our Disaster Recovery system to enable users to continue working at 10:30 this morning.
There have been several significant service outages in the last year due to failures of our aging data storage system. Replacement of the system is in train, with a completely new data storage infrastructure due to be brought in to service in late summer this year.
What should you do?
Save your work regularly. Those users without access to file storage should save their work locally on their hard drive or USB drive. When file storage becomes available again, you should copy this to the file store to enable the files to be backed up overnight. Student file storage is unaffected by this issue.
If you are not able to connect to the file storage after 10:30 you should re-start your PC. If after the re-start you are still unable to connect to the file storage contact the DIT Service Desk.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018