Essential maintenance to computing services required - 17:30 TONIGHT
What is happening?
There have been some reports relating to performance issues on our shared storage systems. After investigation it has been confirmed that there was a problem with one of the backup battery packs connected to these storage systems. In order to resolve the issue DIT Service Engineers will need to restart the controllers connected to this battery pack. If the controllers are not re-started we run the risk that performance will continue to be affected and in the worst case scenario data could be lost.
As the controllers have backup systems we do not envisage any outage whilst this activity takes place. This is scheduled to occur at 5:30pm and there will be an “At Risk” period of approximately 30 minutes thereafter.
What should you do?
If you intend to work around this time you should be aware that this work is taking place, but all DIT services such as shared file storage and most corporate applications will continue to be available. You may wish to consider saving any work on local storage to minimise any risk of work loss during this period.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Should you have any concerns or queries please contact the DIT Service Desk:
- Tel: 3636 (externally on: 01224 273636)
- Web client: www.abdn.ac.uk/servicedesk/self-service
- E-mail: email@example.com
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018