Telephony on Foresterhill campus to be brought under University management
It has been agreed that telephony at Foresterhill, currently provided by the NHS, should be brought under the management of the University of Aberdeen. This will mean that Foresterhill and Old Aberdeen users will be provided with the same level of service and value added functionality.
As a first step, telephones in the new Suttie Centre for Teaching and Learning in Healthcare will be on the University telephone system, i.e. the Old Aberdeen system.
There are three number formats currently in use:
- 01224 27xxxx (for University extension numbers in the range 2000-4999)
- 01224 43xxxx (for University extension numbers in the range 7000-8999)
- 01224 55xxxx (for NHS numbers at Foresterhill medical campus and within the hospitals)
University of Aberdeen, including the Suttie Centre, numbers look like:
- (01224) 273370 or (01224) 437524
- this is 27 or 43, plus a 4-digit extension
- to dial these internally from an Old Aberdeen or Suttie phone, just dial the extension 3370 or 7524
- to dial these internally from a Foresterhill phone, dial 76 3370 or 76 7524
NHS numbers look like:
- (01224) 551234
- this is 5, plus a 5-digit extension
- to dial that internally from an Old Aberdeen or Suttie phone, dial 76 51234
- to dial that internally from a Foresterhill phone, just dial the extension 51234
The general rule is if the number of digits in the extension is the same, then no prefix is required. If the number of digits in the calling extensions is different from the called extension, the number should be prefixed with "76".
If you have any difficulties dialling the number you require then please contact the University Operator by:
Dialling 0 from Old Aberdeen and Suttie Centre
Dialling 760 from Foresterhill NHS phones.
Should you have any queries please contact the DIT Service Desk: