VDI at risk from 9am Tues 6th to 5pm Wed 7th
What is happening
- The VDI service, vdi.abdn.ac.uk, will be at risk from 9am on Tuesday 6 September to 5pm on Wednesday 7th September
- We are updating the VDI servers in order to install critical software patches.
- For the most part, the VDI service will be available, however you could experience disconnections while the servers are rebooted.
What do you need to do?
- Save your work regularly if connecting to the VDI on 6th and 7th September.
- If you are working on a personal device, and accessing vdi.abdn.ac.uk, you may be disconnected without notification.
- If you are disconnected, and reconnect within 5 minutes, then you may resume the same VDI session.
- If you are working remotely on a UoA laptop, running Direct Access or the new F5 VPN client, there will be no impact.
We would like to apologise to anyone that may be impacted or inconvenienced while this critical maintenance takes place.