The consortium consists of eight different research institutions, each with a lead reponsibility for different work packages. They are:
- University of Aberdeen, UK
- Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Agence de Formation, de Recherche et d’Expertise en Santé pour l’Afrique (AFRICSanté), Burkina Faso
- Centre de Recherche en Reproduction Humaine et en Démographie (CERRHUD), Benin
- Marikani, Mali (work formerly undertaken by CAREF - Centre d'Appui à la Recherche et à la Formation)
- Institut National d’Administration Sanitaire (INAS), Morocco
- Institut de Recherche en Sciences de la Santé (IRSS), Burkina Faso
The group as a whole offers a wide range of disciplines, in addition to sharing extensive experience of evaluations. Disciplines include: health economics, health financing, epidemiology, public health, sociology, anthropology, statistics, obstetrics and midwifery.
Governance of project
FEMHealth has assigned a Management Board, for operational decisions.
The management board will also be advised by the Technical Advisory Board.