- Our Services
Explore your Options
The Careers Service aims to provide students and graduates with the advice and information they need to support their career planning.
- 1-to-1 appointments
- Virtual Adviser
- Searchable database of career planning resources
- Careers Service Library (2nd floor, the Students' Union)
Develop your Skills
Engaging in co-curricular activities will help you to gather evidence of your development of Aberdeen Graduate Attributes which will be important in marketing yourself to employers. These activities include:
- Career Mentoring
- The STAR Award
- BP Student Tutoring Scheme
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Careers Reps
- Online Professional Skills Courses
- The Leadership Academy
Connect with Employers
Throughout the academic year the Careers Service promotes a wide range of opportunities which will allow students and graduates to meet and work for employers.
- Our CareerConnect system allows you to search for graduate jobs, work experience opportunities and part-time jobs. You can also opt to receive regular e-mail alerts of new opportunities tailored to your requirements.
- Work placements sourced exclusively for University of Aberdeen students.
- On-campus employer events, including presentations, fairs and skills workshops.
- Meet the Team
- Andrew Mackie, Information Manager
- Peter Fantom, Head of Careers Service
- Sandra Thomson, Deputy Head of Careers Service
- Tracey Innes, Senior Careers Adviser
- Janice Montgomery, Senior Careers Adviser
- Regina Jäschke, Senior Careers Adviser
Co-curricular and Employer Engagement
Advertising jobs and opportunities
Advice and guidance
Equality and diversity
Complaints and feedback
- Contact Us
We are easy to find on the 2nd floor of the Students' Union.
Our full postal address is:
University of Aberdeen
Students' Union (formerly the Hub)
If you can't find what you are looking for on our website or encounter a problem using our website or online systems, please email us with full details of the problem, including a screenshot of any error message displayed.