We work closely with clients in all sectors of business and industry and use our in-house expertise and resources to meet their needs.
Recognised as a high profile research institution, the University is a major source of expertise for diverse sectors including:
- Oil and gas
- Medical imaging (PET and MRI)
- Biomedical devices
Consultancy services are offered across all subjects and disciplines throughout the University with particular specialisation in oil and gas related topics; materials analysis and testing; industrial psychology; deep-sea monitoring and environmental and occupational medicine.
At all times the University of Aberdeen is client-focused and delivers services to the highest standard and quality to compete in the global marketplace.
Consultancy services delivered by the University's academic experts can be provided to our external clients per hour or per day. Consultancy work can also be carried out over an extended period of several months or years depending on the requirement.
- Further information and contacts
To find out if the University has the right expertise for you, contact our Consultancy Business Development Officers by email or phone 01224 272123.
Are you an SME based in Scotland? There are some funding schemes that may help you offset the costs of your consultancy project.
If you are interested in training or continuing professional development, see our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) services pages.
Some examples of the range of services provided via consultancy:
- Delivery of professional skills training workshops to a global finances firm
- Provision of international geology field trips to major oil companies
- Members of scientific advisory boards, consultancy panels and counsels to leading organisations world-wide
- Technical analysis of a company product to explore routes to power conservation
- Engage with world-class researchers and access the latest in research and leading edge concepts
- Explore different perspectives and gain in-depth know how on how to find business or technology solutions
- Consult with specialists on knowledge transfer and training services in some of our unique centres of expertise
- Build strategic relationships with academia and open the door to collaborative funding opportunities