The Santander Universities Entrepreneurship Award 2019 (SUEA2019) is now closed
The winners of the 2019 stage 1 competition were:
- Arthur Serini and Madi Myers, both MSc Human Nutrition graduates, with their company Crafty Pickle Co.
The Crafty Pickle Co. is a fermented food company in Aberdeen with a vision to reduce food waste by taking surplus and non-commercially viable produce and preserving it through fermentation, creating new gut-friendly fermented food products.
- Abraham Arellanes Ramirez (MSc Oil & Gas Enterprise Management) and Waldimar Romani Ramirez (MBA Energy Management) with their company Portable Precision Plating.
Portable Precision Plating (PPP) is an innovative business idea which saves the Tubular Goods Industry materials, time, money and effort by delivering plating services right at the customer's site, without sacrificing safety or quality and in an environmentally friendlier manner.
Scott Burnett from Santander Universities handed over the prizes.
Do you have a great business idea? Are you looking for seed funding and business support? Then read on...
- £25,000 prize
- Mentoring and support from business experts
- Exclusive access to the acceleration week
- A fully funded intern
- £500 digital growth voucher
- Submission of a Busines Model Canvas, a 2 minute video and an application form to University of Aberdeen (5pm 5th April 2019)
- Submissions will be shortlisted by a panel of external judges and two winners will be chosen to move onto the Santander Regional competition stage, winning £500
- Both winning teams will then have time to finalise their Business Model Canvas and 2 minute video to submit to Santander (23rd April 2019)
- Santander Universities will then judge your submission and shortlist for the regional heats.
- University of Aberdeen Undergraduates, Postgraduates, and Graduates (within the last 2 years)
- You must have a registered UK business by the time you submit on 23rd April
- The company must have been set up for no longer than 12 months
- Funding generated must be no higher than £100,000
- The company can have a maximum of five employees
All queries and comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org