If you are planning an in-person event, on or off University campus, please carefully read all the information on this page.
Do I need to submit my in-person event for approval?
- If you are organising an event for 50 or more attendees, hosted on or off University campus, you should follow this process to submit your event for approval, at least 10 days prior to the event taking place.
- If you are organising an event for fewer than 50 attendees, hosted on or off University campus, then you do not need to follow this process. You will however need to gain approval from your Head of School/Director or AUSA and complete a Risk Assessment. You will find a Risk Assessment template for this provided below.
My event is for more than 50 attendees, what do I do next?
- Please carefully read through all the information on this page and follow the instructions provided in the ‘Approval Process Checklist’ drop down below.
- If your event falls within the current Scottish Government guidelines and is for 50 or more attendees, you should download and complete the form and risk assessment template provided below.
Once completed you can submit your event to firstname.lastname@example.org as per the instructions given in the ‘How to Submit your Event’ drop down below.
- Current guidelines
The current guidelines from the Scottish Government can be found here.
Please ensure you are reading the most up to date versions of the guidance as it is updated on the Scottish Government website regularly.
You may also find further useful information on the University’s dedicated Coronavirus information pages.
- Approval process checklist
Before submitting your event, please follow this checklist:
- You should read and understand the current Scottish Government guidelines to ensure your proposed event can take place under the current restrictions in place (if any).
- If you are a University staff member you will need approval from your Head of School/Director in advance of submitting an event.
- If you are an AUSA affiliated student group, you will require approval from AUSA in advance of submitting an event.
- You will need to complete an In-person Event Approval Form and In-person Event Risk Assessment template which you will find provided below.
- You should fill in a form & risk assessment for each individual event you want to submit. Events which are part of a wider programme or series should be submitted individually unless there are more than 10 events in the series, in which case you should submit one form/risk assessment for all.
- How to submit your event
Before submitting your event, please read the following information:
- To submit your in-person event proposal for approval, please complete a form and risk assessment and send it to email@example.com at least 10 days prior to the date of your event.
- Once you have submitted your event, it will be considered by the In-Person Events Group for approval. We will endeavour to get back to you with a decision within 5 working days.