The Old Brewery has two entrances, one off the High Street opposite the Sacrist's Cottage, and one opposite the Taylor Building. It dates to the late eighteenth or early nineteenth century, and, as the name suggests, it is a remnant of the Aulton Brewery complex which from 1790 to 1913 spanned the site around what is now New King's. The Old Town's original alehouse was established in 1504 and the Old Brewery has been designated a Site of Historical Interest. The brick vats in which beer was brewed still exist underneath the building.
The building now houses classrooms and staff and postgraduate offices, including several from the department of English.
The DisabledGo service provides a pan-disability access guide to this building.