Real Estate at Aberdeen examines real estate markets from the perspectives of economics, investment and business, at Scotland's top centre for real estate teaching and research, and second in the UK. Professionally accredited programmes prepare you for a career in surveying, with a focus on commercial real estate, investment, management, valuation and development.
We offer a range of Real Estate degrees which you can read more about below.View available degree programmes
The University of Aberdeen International Study Centre offers preparation programmes for progression to undergraduate degree study at the university.Discover the International Study Centre
Real Estate at Aberdeen has a strong focus on the creation and management of value in property from the perspectives of economics, finance, investment and business. You will benefit from studying this subject in the wider context of local, national and international property markets and economies as well as national and international capital markets.
Our Real Estate courses offer an exciting range of choice and flexibility in the vibrant community of over 40 nationalities in our Business School, small classes, and courses focused on employability and taught by financial experts and researchers specialising in property investment and property market analysis.
Both Single and Joint Honours Real Estate programmes are accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), and allow you to progress to the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) following work experience.
You will enjoy a wide range of potential employers, including major firms of property consultants, real estate departments of financial institutions, property investment or development companies, specialist research companies, or research departments of large organisations. Companies our students have gone on to work for include Strutt & Parker, Savills, Knight Frank, Colliers International, Cushman & Wakefield.
You will enjoy a special, warm welcome at the University of Aberdeen, benefit from excellent teaching, research with international impact, and a truly global experience. You will love our beautiful campus, great facilities for learning, sports and leisure, and the many opportunities to add the skills and attributes to give you a competitive advantage in the career path you choose, and the wide horizons from study abroad.
Available Programmes of Study
Why Study Real Estate at Aberdeen?
- Successes include the prestigious ‘Cornell International Real Estate Competition’ in New York, with Aberdeen students finishing 4th out of 17 universities, beating rivals from Cambridge, Australia, Hong Kong, USA and Canada.
- The spectacular, award-winning Sir Duncan Rice Library, combining a brilliant study environment with state-of-the-art technology and a first-class collection of reference works in business and management.
- A packed campus programme of student, public and business events, and the annual May Festival which attracts internationally acclaimed public figures, business leaders, authors and broadcasters to debate critical challenges in the world today.
- Enterprise Campus, a new initiative to nurture entrepreneurial skills and support students wanting to progress their own business ideas.
- Experience the Bloomberg Terminal, a software platform that provides real-time and historical data, market-moving news and analytics to help leading business and financial professional make better informed investment decisions.
We are hosting a series of Little Lectures to mark our 525th anniversary.
The lectures are a great opportunity to get to know our experts.View Lecture Schedule
Get in Touch
Student Recruitment & Admissions Service
University of Aberdeen