At Aberdeen, you will study medicine in a thriving medical school that is co-located on one of the largest clinical sites in Europe, with superb teaching and extensive research facilities.
We offer a range of Medicine degrees which you can read more about below.View available degree programmes
Our modern, dynamic and clearly delivered MBChB uses a systems-based, integrated approach. Our curriculum is constantly reviewed and updated in response to changing GMC guidance, scientific and medical advances, changes in healthcare delivery and changes in educational theory and practice. Student feedback is highly encouraged.
Based on one of the largest health campuses in Europe, on site facilities include a large teaching hospital, paediatric and maternity hospitals, which means that you will have access to and be taught by experienced clinicians who are at the forefront of modern clinical practice.
With an impressive history of medical discovery and innovation, Aberdeen is the first choice for aspiring medical students looking to embark on a career that will make a real difference, not just to the care of individuals but to society as a whole.
Available Programmes of Study
Single Honours Degrees
Why Study Medicine at Aberdeen?
- Recently ranked 7th in the UK (2nd in Scotland) in the Guardian's University League Tables for Medicine.
- A state-of-the-art anatomy facility designed and built to fit perfectly with the systems-based medical curriculum.
- Early patient contact - You will work with our Patient Partners right from the very start of the programme and clinical attachments begin in year 1.
- The Clinical Skills Centre provides modern facilities with the latest simulation technology designed to assist in delivery of clinical teaching and skills in a safe and supported environment.
- The Medical Humanities SSC in year 3 gives you an opportunity to acquire an alternative take on medicine and/or health, sickness or disability, which is not provided by the mainstream medical curriculum.
- The 8-week elective project in year 5 allows you the opportunity to be completely independent in deciding where in the world you would like to go to study any aspect of medicine of particular interest.
- Placements in the remote and rural areas of Northern Scotland provide our students with fantastic unique opportunities to experience healthcare in a variety of rural settings.
- Medical students have the opportunity to enhance their skills and knowledge by undertake a one year intercalated Honours degree in Medical Science or Medical Humanities.
- The MBChB programme's 'Culture of Care' has been highly rated externally. The General Medical Council were impressed by the "enthusiasm & commitment of the staff", "students' enthusiasm & loyalty to the school" and the excellent student support.
Get in Touch
School of Medicine, Medical Sciences & Nutrition
University of Aberdeen