Finance at Aberdeen gives you a powerful understanding of the principles of finance in a fast-moving global setting, and the business skills to take advantage of the many opportunities available to sought-after Aberdeen graduates across business and public sector, expected to grow further with the increasing number of innovations in the financial world.
We offer a range of Finance degrees which you can read more about below.View available degree programmes
The University of Aberdeen International Study Centre offers preparation programmes for progression to undergraduate degree study at the university.Discover the International Study Centre
Studying Finance you will learn about crucial areas such as financial management, corporate finance, personal finance, financial institutions, derivatives and the stock market. You will develop intellectual skills by analysing and evaluating financial problems, and the practical skills to understand and use information from financial newspapers and documents.
The University Business School is a vibrant community of over 40 nationalities, small classes, courses focused on employability, and taught by financial experts specialising in applied research, and with strong links to economics and accountancy. You will have close links with employers who will input to your courses, work on real-life business scenarios, and use sophisticated financial management technology and software, giving you a further competitive advantage with blue-chip employers and all sizes and sectors of business.
Our Finance students are highly sought after in the private and public sector, with the knowledge, skills and applied techniques you gain through this programme giving you a wide choice of career options and a strong competitive advantage.
You will enjoy a special, warm welcome at the University of Aberdeen and benefit from excellent teaching, the international impact of our research, a beautiful campus and great facilities for learning, sports and leisure, with many opportunities to develop extra skills valued by employers, and broaden your horizons through study abroad.
Available Programmes of Study
Single Honours Degrees
Joint Honours Degrees
- Finance and French
- Finance and French (5 years)
- Finance and German
- Finance and German (5 years)
- Finance and International Relations
- Finance and Real Estate
- Finance and Spanish & Latin American Studies
- Finance and Spanish & Latin American Studies (5 years)
You may also be interested in...
Joint Honours Degrees
Why Study Finance at Aberdeen?
- An excellent teaching environment, committed to the needs of industry, which integrates research into teaching, enables transferable skills and develops intellectual skills on a range of contemporary financial challenges.
- The spectacular, award-winning Sir Duncan Rice Library, with brilliant study facilities, state-of-the-art learning technology, and an extensive collection of reference books, journals and other media for finance and business studies.
- A packed campus programme of student, public and business events, and the annual May Festival which attracts public figures, politicians, business leaders, and broadcasters to discuss and debate critical challenges in our world today.
- Enterprise Campus, a new initiative to nurture entrepreneurial skills and support students wanting to progress their own business ideas.
- Our location in the main European centre for the oil and gas industry, where multinational firms and financial services all have offices in the city, and close links to our teaching programmes.
- Experience the Bloomberg Terminal, a software platform that provides real-time and historical data, market-moving news and analytics to help leading business and financial professional make better informed investment decisions.
Get in Touch
Student Recruitment & Admissions
University of Aberdeen