Accountancy at Aberdeen gives you thorough grounding in theory, practice and business skills, taught by experts in accounting practice, with the advantage of real-life employers and scenarios integrated in to your programme. You will gain a path to professional accreditation, and the skills, experience and attributes to give you a head start whether you aim for chartered accountancy or another option in the fast-moving world of business and finance.
Accountancy will develop your intellectual skills through analysing and evaluating accounting information and how it is used in a modern economy.
Most of our students become chartered accountants, in professional practice, industry, or the public sector, or go into management, education, banking and finance. Our courses are accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS), CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) and ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants).
Your skills will develop in a dynamic learning and research environment, inspired by staff with a wide range of professional backgrounds and experience, leaders in accounting practice and theory, financial markets and corporate finance and organisations. You will become proficient in reading and understanding financial reports and preparing financial statements, and broaden your study with courses in management, statistics, law and economics.
You will enjoy a special, warm welcome at Aberdeen, benefit from excellent teaching, research with international impact, and a global experience as part of our friendly and vibrant international community - with classmates from 45 different nationalities in our Business School. You will love our beautiful campus and great facilities for learning, sports and leisure, and all the opportunities to gain the competitive advantage in whichever career path you choose.
Why Study Accountancy at Aberdeen?
- A teaching programme rated ‘Highly Satisfactory’ by the Scottish Funding Council.
- A UK top three University for the impact of world-leading research carried out by our business and management experts.
- Aberdeen is the main European centre for the oil and gas industry, and international accountancy firms, multinational companies and financial services all have offices in the city.
- Professional training facilities include the virtual Thomson Reuters Eikon™ trading floor, used by major financial services companies across the world, and integrating real activity in financial markets into our students’ courses.
- The spectacular, award-winning Sir Duncan Rice Library, with fabulous study facilities, state-of-the-art technology, and a first-class collection of reference works in accountancy and related business subjects.
- A packed campus programme of events, seminars, invited speakers, and the annual May Festival which welcomes international public figures, business leaders, authors and broadcasters to debate critical issues in the world today.
What You'll Study
Joint Honours Degrees
You may also be interested in...
Major-Minor Honours Degrees
Undergraduate Open Day
Our next Open Day will be onFind out More
Get in Touch
Student Recruitment & Admissions Service
University of Aberdeen