If you are considering studying Law or Medicine, the Reach Team have compiled information on resources available to you. All resources are free to use, some are open access and others will require you to register.
- Law Resources
- Pinsent Masons Online Work Experience Programme
- Linklaters virtual experience programme (this may be more focused on English law but a good opportunity to learn more about a global commercial firm.)
- Future Learn have some good free law courses that helps you connect with some of the top educators in the world. Most of the courses are focused on English Law and are for those with previous knowledge, however "The Modern Judiciary: Who They Are, What They Do and Why it Matters" is aimed at your age group. Please note that it is English law, however it may still be of interest and particularly for anyone who is considering the joint Eng./Scots law degree.
- The Law Society of Scotland is the regulatory body for all solicitors in Scotland. Their website has vast information on studying the LLB and qualifying as a solicitor.
- The law is being challenged in ways that it never has before due to the current situation. You can find out more about how it is impacting Scots law on the Scottish Legal News website.
- Medicine Resources
- Brighton & Sussex Medical School virtual work experience programme.
- Royal College of General Practitioners - Observe GP virtual work experience programme
- Medical Schools Council- Guidance on relevant work experience during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Medical Schools Council- guidance on relevant work experience for applying to Medical School. You may find you have already undertaken activities that count as work experience
- Khan Academy Health and Medicine Course- videos and tutorials relating to different topics on anatomy, physiology, pathology
- Free MOOC courses- download a list of free medical related MOOC courses
- University of Glasgow online course- Applying for Medical School and Becoming a Medical Student.
- Scholarships and Funding
For students considering studying at the University of Aberdeen, we offer a number of scholarships and bursary opportunities. To be considered you need to have applied for, and accepted your offer of study. Applications usually close in May each year. Visit our funding database for more information and to apply.
The LawScot Foundation runs a bursary scheme for LLB students. Those interested can find out more and apply on the LawScot website.