University of Aberdeen Open Days
The 2020 Undergraduate Open Days will take place on Saturday 13 June (Medicine only), Tuesday 25 August and Saturday 3 October.
For information on Medicine at Open Day please see the Medicine Open Day page.
The University Open Days have a full programme of talks and activities. There will be an academic exhibition and you can tour our facilities including the Sir Duncan Rice Library, Aberdeen Sports Village, Aberdeen Aquatics Centre and our accommodation at Hillhead Student Village. The Aberdeen University Student's Association will also have sports and societies represented in the Student's Union Building for you to speak to.
Estimated timings for an Open Day
These are the general timings for the day.
- Registration - We recommend arriving by around 9am to check in at a registration point. You will be given an information guide and bag. (Medicine students go directly to Foresterhill)
- Academic Exhibition - The exhibition will be open from 09:00-15:00.
- Welcome Talks - 10am and 12pm.
- Campus Tours - The tours will run throughout the day from 8:30-15:00 (last tour leaves at 3pm).
- Sports Tours- The tours will run throughout the day from 9:30-15:00 (last tour leaves at 3pm).
- Refreshments - A snack shop serving breakfast rolls and tea and coffee will be available in Near Linklater from 08:30-12:00. A BBQ will be on Elphinstone Lawn serving meat and vegetarian options from 11:00-13:00. Other outlets across campus also offer food throughout the day.
- Hillhead Accommodation - Hillhead Halls are available for self-guided tours from 9:00-17:00