University of Aberdeen Open Days
The 2019 Undergraduate Open Days, will take place on Tuesday 27th August and Saturday 5th October.
For information on Medicine at Open Day please see the Medicine Open Day page.
The August and October University Open Days have a full programme of talks and activities. There will be an academic exhibition and you can tour our facilities including the Sir Duncan Rice Library, Aberdeen Sports Village, Aberdeen Aquatics Centre and our accommodation at Hillhead Student Village. The Aberdeen University Student's Association will also have sports and societies represented in the Student's Union Building for you to speak to. For an idea of the 2019 University Open Day programme, please see last year's guide.
Our August and October Open Days are for all prospective students interested in any subject area.
A guide will also be posted online a few weeks before the event to help you plan what to do on your day.
Timings for the day (August and October)
We anticipate the below timings to remain fairly accurate but please check the 2019 Open Day guide, when it is published, for final timings.
- Registration - We recommend arriving by around 9am to check in at a registration point. You will be given an information guide and bag.
- Academic Exhibition - The exhibition will be open from 09:00-15:00.
- Welcome Talks - 10am and 12pm.
- Campus and Sports Tours - The tours will run throughout the day from 9:00-14:30.
- Refreshments - A BBQ will be on Elphinstone Lawn serving meat and vegetarian options from 11:00-13:00. Other outlets across campus also offer food.
- Hillhead Accommodation - Hillhead Halls are available for self-guided tours between 8:00-15:00.