University of Aberdeen Open Days
The second 2019 Undergraduate Open Day will take place on and Saturday 5 October.
The first event took place on Tuesday 27 August.
For information on Medicine at Open Day please see the Medicine Open Day page.
The University Open Day in October has a full programme of talks and activities. There will be an academic exhibition and you can tour our facilities including the Sir Duncan Rice Library, Aberdeen Sports Village, Aberdeen Aquatics Centre and our accommodation at Hillhead Student Village. The Aberdeen University Student's Association will also have sports and societies represented in the Student's Union Building for you to speak to.
Our October Open Day is for all prospective students interested in any subject area. For more information download our October 2019 University Open Day programme.
Timings for the day
We anticipate the below timings to remain fairly accurate but please check the 2019 Open Day guide, when it is published, for final timings.
- Registration - We recommend arriving by around 9am to check in at a registration point. You will be given an information guide and bag. (Medicine students go directly to Foresterhill)
- Academic Exhibition - The exhibition will be open from 09:00-15:00.
- Welcome Talks - 10am and 12pm.
- Campus Tours - The tours will run throughout the day from 8:30-15:00 (last tour leaves at 3pm).
- Sports Tours- The tours will run throughout the day from 9:30-15:00 (last tour leaves at 3pm).
- Refreshments - A snack shop serving breakfast rolls and tea and coffee will be available in Near Linklater from 08:30-12:00. A BBQ will be on Elphinstone Lawn serving meat and vegetarian options from 11:00-13:00. Other outlets across campus also offer food throughout the day.
- Hillhead Accommodation - Hillhead Halls are available for self-guided tours from 9:00-17:00