Due to the outbreak of Covid-19, the University of Aberdeen has made the difficult decision to cancel the on campus Medicine Open Day on Saturday 13 June. We are looking at options for a virtual event to allow prospective students to learn more about the Medicine programme at Aberdeen and to not be disadvantaged.
Our August and October Open Days will be continually monitored in line with government advice and further information will be posted on these webpages when more information is known.
Below is an idea of what to expect at an Open Day, We hope to be able to run our events in August and October, but will update the webpages when we have more information.
University of Aberdeen Open Days
We are hoping to host our 2020 Open Days on Tuesday 25 August and Saturday 3 October, dependant on the Covid-19 outbreak.
Our Medicine Open Day on the 13th June has had to be cancelled. However, you can still find out lots of information across our webpages and hope to attend an Open Day in August or October which will both inlcude Medicine.
The University Open Days have a full programme of talks and activities. There will be an academic exhibition and you can tour our facilities including the Sir Duncan Rice Library, Aberdeen Sports Village, Aberdeen Aquatics Centre and our accommodation at Hillhead Student Village. The Aberdeen University Student's Association will also have sports and societies represented in the Student's Union Building for you to speak to.
Estimated timings for an Open Day
These are the general timings for the day.
- Registration - We recommend arriving by around 9am to check in at a registration point. You will be given an information guide and bag. (Medicine students go directly to Foresterhill)
- Academic Exhibition - The exhibition will be open from 09:00-15:00.
- Welcome Talks - 10am and 12pm.
- Campus Tours - The tours will run throughout the day from 8:30-15:00 (last tour leaves at 3pm).
- Sports Tours- The tours will run throughout the day from 9:30-15:00 (last tour leaves at 3pm).
- Refreshments - A snack shop serving breakfast rolls and tea and coffee will be available in Near Linklater from 08:30-12:00. A BBQ will be on Elphinstone Lawn serving meat and vegetarian options from 11:00-13:00. Other outlets across campus also offer food throughout the day.
- Hillhead Accommodation - Hillhead Halls are available for self-guided tours from 9:00-17:00