There are scholarships and grants for international students who wish to study in Britain. There is a lot of competition for a limited number of awards, but it is worthwhile applying for the ones relevant to you. You should begin your research early as some scholarships require you to apply at least a year before your degree starts.
The best place to start your search is on our online funding database which will tell you about all the bursaries and scholarships available to you.
The University is also pleased to announced that they are offering a one year's tuition fee scholarship to all international undergraduate students. For more information, please read below.
There are a number of other organisations, companies, schemes and charities worth researching to find out further what scholarship and bursary opportunities they offer or know of that may not be listed in our database.
Other Sources of Funding Information
- Association of Commonwealth Universities
- International Education Financial Aid (IEFA) scholarship search
- Directory of Grant Making Trusts (Charities Aid Foundation)
- The Grants Register (Macmillan Press)
- Educational Grants Directory (Directory of Social Change)
- Guide to the Major Grant-Making Trusts (Directory of Social Change)
- Study Abroad (UNESCO)