Applications are invited for the James Henry Scott Scholarship, starting in September 2018 (the academic year 2018/19).
This scholarship is currently closed for applications. Please keep an eye on the website for it re-opening.
The scholarship will cover:
- Full International Postgraduate Tuition Fees for the 2018/19 academic year
- A maintenance award of £12,180.
The scholarship is open to candidates who satisfy the following conditions:
Students must be commencing a one-year full-time Master of Science degree (MSc) in one of the following degree programmes at the University of Aberdeen in September 2018:
- MSc Environmental Science
- MSc Environmental Management
- MSc Environmental Pollution and Remediation
- MSc Environmental and Ecological Sciences
- MSc Environmental and Forest Management
Students must be from the People's Republic of China, or Hong Kong. Students must be coming to study at the University of Aberdeen directly from the People’s Republic of China or Hong Kong. Please note that applicants currently domiciled in the UK will not be considered.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A CV including grades achieved to date, and a covering letter. (Please include your Application ID number on the covering letter).
- A personal statement detailing what you plan to do once you complete your studies.
- A copy of your Offer of Admission for one of the eligible MSc degree programmes listed above.
- An academic Reference on your academic achievement
Please send completed applications to:
Miss Amie Wisely, School Support Co-ordinator - Teaching, School of Biological Sciences, University of Aberdeen, G32 Zoology Building, Tillydrone Avenue, Aberdeen, AB24 2TZ, Scotland, UK
No deadline specified
Informal enquiries should be directed to Amie Wisely, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the above listed Taught Masters degree programmes, please view our website:
Please note : To be considered for The James Henry Scott Scholarship you will need to have applied to the University of Aberdeen for a place starting in September 2018. (Please go to http://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-taught/apply.php)
Please note: To be considered for The James Henry Scott Scholarship you will need to have applied to the University of Aberdeen for a place starting in September 2018. To be awarded the James Henry Scott Scholarship you must receive and then firmly accept an offer, either conditional or unconditional, of a place at the University of Aberdeen.
Notification of Awards: You will be told whether or not your application has been successful by email/post at the correspondence address you give no later than 30 June 2018. If your application has been successful the award will be subject to your admission to the University of Aberdeen.
All non-EU countries