Applications are invited for the James Henry Scott Scholarship starting in September 2021 (the academic year 2021/22).
The scholarship will cover:
- Full International Postgraduate Tuition Fees. For the 2021/22 academic year, the tuition fee is £21,500.
- A maintenance award of £9,500.
The scholarship is open to candidates who satisfy the following conditions:
Students must be commencing a one-year full time on campus Master of Science degree (MSc) in one of the following degree programmes at the University of Aberdeen in September 2021:
- MSc Environmental Science
- MSc Environmental Management
- MSc Environmental Pollution and Remediation
Students must be from the People's Republic of China, or Hong Kong. Students must be coming to study at the University of Aberdeen directly from the People's Republic of China or Hong Kong. Please note that applicants currently domiciled in the UK will not be considered.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A CV including grades achieved to date, and a covering letter. (Please include your Application ID number on the covering letter).
- A personal statement detailing what you plan to do once you complete your studies.
- A copy of your Offer of Admission for one of the eligible MSc degree programmes listed above.
- An academic Reference on your academic achievement
Please send completed applications to:
Mrs Amie Connolly, School of Biological Sciences by email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: All applications and supporting documents must be sent via scanned email only.
1st of June 2021
Informal enquiries should be directed to Amie Connolly, email: email@example.com
For more information on the above listed Taught Masters degree programmes, please view our website:
To be considered for The James Henry Scott Scholarship you will need to have applied to the University of Aberdeen for a place starting in September 2021. (Please go to http://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-taught/apply.php)
Please note: To be considered for The James Henry Scott Scholarship you will need to have applied to the University of Aberdeen for a place starting in September 2021. To be awarded the James Henry Scott Scholarship you must receive and then firmly accept an offer, either conditional or unconditional, of a place at the University of Aberdeen.
Notification of Awards: You will be told whether or not your application has been successful by email by 15 June 2021. If your application has been successful the award will be subject to your admission to the University of Aberdeen.
- China (People’s Republic of)
- Hong Kong