The University has been awarded funding for up to six scholarships to cover tuition fees for Scottish (includes Scottish domiciled students)/EU students joining the Health Data Science MSc programme in September 2020. The Data Lab Scholarships are funded by The Data Lab, The Scottish Government (Scottish Funding Council and the European Social Fund -Developing Scotland’s Workforce) and HDR UK. The Data Lab Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. Applications for the scholarships are now open and will run until 17 June 2020.
The Data Lab Scholarship covers tuition fees for Scottish (includes Scottish domiciled students)/EU students accepted onto the MSc Health Data Science programme.
The award is open to applicants who hold an offer of admission to the MSc Health Data Science degree programme at the University of Aberdeen starting in September 2020.
To be eligible students must:
- hold an offer for the MSc Health Data Science
- be a permanent resident of Scotland for at least 3 years prior to the start of the programme in September (i.e. living in Scotland for a purpose other than studying) OR
- be an EU national (with the exception of England, Northern Ireland, Wales) residing in your own country for 3 years prior to the start of the programme in September OR
- be an EU national (with the exception of England, Northern Ireland, Wales) exercising your right of free movement anywhere in the UK or the EU and permanently domiciled in the EU for 3 years prior to the start of the programme in September OR
- be a non-UK and non-EU applicant with indefinite leave to remain in the UK and permanently domiciled in Scotland for a purpose other than education for 3 years prior to the start of the programme in September 2020.
Terms and Conditions:
- To receive The Data Lab Scholarship students must enrol in the 2020/2021 academic year and continue to meet all the eligibility criteria.
- The Data Lab Scholarship students are expected to fully engage with a programme of events organised by The Data Lab and successfully complete an online MOOC in Data Ethics, AI and Responsible Innovation as part of their studies. More information is available on The Data Lab website.
The scholarships will be awarded based on academic merit and a supporting statement outlining experience to date and career aspirations following completion of the programme.
Applications will be assessed by an academic panel from the Aberdeen Centre for Health Data Science. The decision of the panel is final. The outcome of the scholarship applications will be communicated by email by 1st July 2020.
If you have any queries please email:email@example.com
Step 1 - Apply for Admission to the MSc Health Data Science
Applicants must hold an offer for admission to the MSc Health Data Science programme, for September 2020 entry, before applying for this scholarship.
Applications to the MSc Health Data Science must be submitted online at www.abdn.ac.uk/pgt/health-data-science
Step 2 - Apply for The Data Lab Scholarship
Scottish (includes Scottish domiciled students)/EU students with an offer of a place on the MSc Health Data Science programme are eligible to apply for The Data Lab Scholarship by completing the application form which includes a 500-word supporting statement.
17th of June 2020
All EU countries