The Rowett Institute is located off Ashgrove Road West next to the University's IMS building. A staff car park is available.
Founded in 1913, The Rowett is a research centre for studies into food and nutrition that played a major role in establishing the link between diet and health in the first half of the 20th Century and continues to carry out cutting-edge research into major diet-related health and food security problems.
In March 2016 the institute relocated to a 10,000m2 purpose-built building right at the heart of the University's medical campus at Foresterhill. The building includes a clinical investigation unit, a metabolic research facility and a body composition suite. Together with an in-house residential suite, the Human Nutrition Unit puts the Institute at the forefront of efforts to validate health benefits through effective human studies and new product formulation.
The AccessAble service provides a pan-disability access guide to this building, including photos.