International Strategy Officer
Web LinksVisit our International page to learn about in-country visits, scholarships, fees and applying.Setting up Partnerships and Collaborative Provision (staff pages)
Mr Vimal Subramanian provides counsel to the Vice-Principal for International Partnerships on Internationalisation strategy, policy and global engagement and supports Transnational education (TNE) projects and strategic partnerships.
Ask me about
- Collaborative Provision: Setting up an International academic partnerships
- Strategic Partnerships: The Aberdeen-Curtin Alliance and Santander Universities
- Transnational education (TNE): Qatar Campus - AFG College with the University of Aberdeen.
Vimal has over a decade of experience in the Foreign Office and the wider international education industry. As an Internationalist in UK Higher Education (HE) and Further Education (FE), he has spent much of his time travelling across China, India, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Russia, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
Prior to joining the University, he was with Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) working at the British Deputy High Commission, Chennai, India advising the British Deputy High Commissioner for South India on Education and Health. He has also worked at University of Derby and Vision West Nottinghamshire College in East Midlands leading/managing International student recruitment before moving from private sector. He holds a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from Bharathiar University, Tamil Nadu, India and an MBA in Knowledge Management from the University of South Wales (formerly University of Wales, Newport, United Kingdom).
- Internationalisation in higher education
- International partnerships, global alliances and Transnational education (TNE)
- Public diplomacy and soft power
- Knowledge management and social knowledge creation
- Systems thinking, complexity management and chaos theory
- Online distance learning, digital innovations and learner analytics
- Further Info
- BUILA: British Universities International Liaison Association.
- Asia Network of the Universities UK International
- Scottish Universities International Group (SUIG)
- ACU Internationalisation Community (Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU))
- Worldwide Energy University Network (WEUN)
- Transnational education (TNE) project boards ( Qatar Campus - AFG College with the University of Aberdeen and new project boards)
- Joint Aberdeen Curtin Alliance steering committee (ASC) and Aberdeen Curtin Alliance project board
- Internationalisation strategy committee (2014 -2016)
- Member of regional area interest groups for China, Americas, Sub-Saharan Africa, South East Asia and Middle East. (2014 -2016)
Administrator to the
Aberdeen Curtin Alliance website
Aberdeen correspondent to the
- Worldwide Energy University Network (WEUN) Secretariat
- Advisory Group on Business Continuity & Resilience
Contact point for Internationalisation
- Universities UK International
- Scottish Development International
- Universities Scotland
- Scottish Enterprise
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)
- British Diplomatic mission overseas (such as an Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate) and
- Foreign embassies in the UK.